Journeys was founded in September of 2013 to specifically serve families homeschooling children and teens with special needs. Membership is free. Our goal is to provide an inclusive atmosphere spanning medical, neurological, behavioral, and psychological diagnoses; to provide support and encouragement to parents; to share resources, and to provide social opportunities for all our members.
We are located in Houston, Texas and serve families from all around the city.
- Is your family on an unexpected journey?
- Does your family find it difficult to participate in “traditional” activities?
- And do you have FEELINGS about all that?
- Share your story!
- Share your strengths!
- Learn from others traveling a similar road.
- Bring your ideas, struggles, success stories, and your hopes for your child.
- Monthly meetings for parent support.
- Regular social activities intended to be low-stress, accessible to all, and stimulating but, not overwhelming.
- Impromptu moms-only coffee nights to connect with other moms who “get-it”.
- Weekly Thursday co-op Gathering.
- Special seasonal events.
- Meetings and activities are open to all, with no membership requirements.
We look forward to serving your family!